Saturday, December 19, 2009

Paul is 68 years young today, my mother brought me home Christmas morning. I have sisters 10 yrs and 12 yrs older than me, both still in good health, I had three mothers! My oldest sister was visiting from the West Coast a few years ago and wanted to visit Shelburne, when we pulled into town, she exclaimed, there 's the Loyalist Hotel, Mum and Dad and Elaine and I stayed there a few times during the war. My father was stationed in Shelburne throughout the war in the 53 Coastal Artillery. Mum would visit by train , they stayed in room # 1 and my sisters stayed in room #2. I figure I was conceived in room #1 on Easter week-end, 1941.
Trish was conceived in Conception Bay, Newfoundland in 1945, her mother travelled by train from Winnipeg to see her father stationed on a minesweeper in Conception Bay. We are both war babies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy B'Day Paul & Hi Trish. Glad to hear you got a motel, no sense taking a chance. We are waiting for your storm to hit us tomorrow morning, Yuck!! Got my wine, dog food & cigs so I'm ready. LOL Have fun & be careful..Joanne