Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In the city of San Francisco you get to combine the crazy traffic with the mountains , I don't think they have a level street! We couldn't fit through the drive-thru redwood tree, we finally left California after eight days , mostly white knuckle driving with 1000 foot drop offs just out your window and few guard rails! Entered Oregon, gas cheaper than CA. Filled up in CA, then saw I could have filled up for $8.00 cheaper in OR! Saw an elk herd! While staying in Humbug State Park, there were men and women showers and one co-ed shower, in the co-ed shower room was a notice warning of earthquakes and tsunamis! I guess if you shower together ,you might feel the earth move!! We camped at a waterfall in Munsen Creek, OR last night, it was spectacular! Will enter Washington today, then take the ferry to Victoria on Thursday , then arrive in Comox on Friday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess you missed the two earthquakes in Cal.today. I thught of you guys today when I heard that after seeing your video. I remember when mom & dad were in the big one in 87. Get out of California !!!! Great weather here. 9 today Hugs!!

clouddreamer47 said...

Did Trish do any of the white knuckle driving or was she too busy looking at the fantastic Pacific Coast scenery? Can't wait till you hit the Island! But I hoped you packed us some sunshine and warmer temperature to bring across the border. If you didn't then hope you've warm and or rain clothes...ya gonna need them...torrential winds and rain! We'll have to tie down the camper because it's gonna be rockin'....I mean the winds, Paul! Safe driving!