Thursday, March 4, 2010

We are staying in Pancho Villa State Park in Columbus, New Mexico, this morning we met a relative of "Wrong-Way" Corrigan, from Oregon! Cactus, cactus everywhere, so many different kinds! We have yet to see the movie ones, they are in Arizona. I think they are called Saguaro?
We also met a couple from North Brookfield, Queens County, Nova Scotia!
This newspaper reporter came to the Columbus area in 1916, he asked an old Mexican if he knew Pancho Villa, the old guy said, I was riding near the Rio Grande and along came Pancho, he pulled out his gun and told me to get down off my horse. He had the gun so I got down off my horse.then he said, now take down your pants, he had the gun, I took down my pants, then he said " Sheet", I sheet, he had the gun, then he said, You eat that Sheet, he had the gun, I eat that sheet! As I was pulling up my pants, I knocked the gun out of his hands and now I said to Pancho, you take down your pants, I had the gun, he take down his pants, now I said, you Sheet, I had the gun, he sheet! Now I said, you eat that sheet, Pancho, he eat that sheet, I had the gun. You ask if I know Pancho Villa, about a month ago, down by the river, we had lunch together!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheet??? Yuck!!!Well Dale & Brian should be home tonite or tomorrow. I will call them tomorrow, see what's up and get back to you as to whether they have the computer yet. Nice pictures.

Unknown said...

Hey Paul and Trish,
I was reading in our o81 Group that you are going to be in Victoria later on. If you are passing thru Alberta on the way home I know where you can get some free power (for a day or a week lol) in Lacombe Alberta. We're halfway between Edmonton and Calgary - about an hour either way. Actually we are 15 minutes north of Red Deer on Hwy 2a. Love to have you stop by for a visit - got a shaded driveway and my garage has a stocked beer fridge lol.

Just a thought,
John and Lynn Richardson
johnrichardson212@hotmail.com