Friday, January 1, 2010

The New Year's party at Post 145 was great, good band, good food, good friends, at midnight they served ham and eggs, and of course some black-eyed peas and cabbage on the side, peas for health and cabbage for wealth in the New Year, we are good for a decade, we had black-eyed peas and cabbage again with New Years Dinner. Showing my age at the party, I wondered out loud how some of those girls got those tight jeans on, a younger fellow said he was more interested in how you get them off! I danced with a 84 year old lady, when we left the floor, she said, "See, I still got it! Only problem is, I might lose it any second!"
I often tell the story of Paul Aulenback at home, dancing every dance and playing hockey twice a week in his early eighties. The reason he can do that is because, he never, ever smoked, drank nothing but rum and had nothing to do with women until he was thrirteen years old! Back on the road tomorrow for five months! Andy goes back to work tonight, Trish is making donairs for tomorrows lunch.

No comments: