Friday, February 26, 2010

Today was such an amazing day ! We went to the Cowboy Poetry Gathering here in Alpine, Tx. To me it was so much more than I ever expected. The poetry, songs and story telling were such as I have never heard before. Yet the highlight of the day was when Paul got up to recite the Cowboy poem he had written and the audience responded so well. As the MC introduced Paul he mentioned Hank Snow and immediately Paul was relaxed, in fact so relaxed that he sang " My Nova Scotia Home " by Hank Snow. When Paul was back in his seat the MC said " I did not know I would discover a singer today ! The pride I felt in being Paul's Lady was overwhelming as he returned to his seat next to me. There was part of the Gathering that we passed on and that was the Chuck Wagon Breakfast that is served outdoors at 7:30 AM as it is too early for me to be up, but mainly because it is way too cold. There is something we forgot to mention on previous blogs, when we drove into Alpine, and that is ,there was a couple of inches of that DAM WHITE STUFF on the ground. Hence the name Alpine I guess. Wonder why we ever left Florida !

No comments: